WE ARE TEMPORARILY MOVING TO VIRTUAL CARE DUE TO COVID-19
link to self assessment
link to list of designated assessment sites
Self-isolation - Public Health Ontario
Social Distancing (infographic) - Canada.ca
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to assure you that our physicians and staff remain available for your health care needs. We continue to function at a reduced capacity in order to maintain a safe environment for both patients and staff. We would like to update you on our current protocols and procedures, which allow us to provide you with medical care in a safe manner.
- Appointments with your physician will continue to be conducted virtually (by phone or video). Your health card will be verified by staff prior to booking.
- In office appointments will be reserved for select examinations only and will be booked at your physician’s discretion
- Your physician’s availability in office will be limited to select day(s) of the week
For in-person appointments:
- The number of in-person visits will be limited to maintain strict social distancing, and will be booked only as directed by your physician
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT WALK-IN PATIENTS. ALL IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS MUST BE PRE-BOOKED
- The number of patients and staff in the office will be limited to maintain social distancing and to allow for cleaning and disinfection procedures between patients
- Patients will be screened for symptoms prior to their appointment and upon arrival
PATIENTS WITH POSSIBLE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS MAY BE REDIRECTED FOR TESTING
- Patients will be sent a document with our office procedures prior to their appointment and are required to confirm that they have read this document at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to confirm with our office may result in cancellation of your appointment
- Patients are expected to follow our protocol for in-person visits and should wait at a location outside of the building until they are called by a staff member. Patients will be notified when the rooms are safe, disinfected, and ready for use
We are not booking full physical examinations at this time. We are however, booking appointments to address your preventative health care needs and other essential medical issues that should not be delayed. These include the following:
- Pap tests with priority given to patients with previous abnormal pap results
- Arranging mammograms and bone mineral densities
- Completion of colon cancer screening (FIT test) if previously received in the mail. Please note that new FIT tests may be ordered for the following patients only: over 60 years old with no previous colon cancer screening, previous unsatisfactory FIT result, or awaiting an organ transplant
- Follow up of abnormal results and essential bloodwork
- Reassessment of chronic conditions (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, lung disease, and cancer)
- Well baby visits and vaccinations (at 2, 4, 6, 12, 15, and 18 months, and 4-6 years)
- Select vaccinations and injections (i.e. shingles, pneumonia, tetanus, influenza or others as directed by your physician). Please note that the Flu vaccination is not yet available, so kindly check back with our office in mid October.
If you are due for any of the above tests, vaccinations, or if you have a medical concern, please contact our office to book an appointment with your physician. At this time our office is receiving a high volume of calls and emails, which may result in delayed responses. For urgent medical issues, DO NOT email the office. Instead, call our office to ensure that your medical concern is addressed promptly. If you have sent an email to our office, please allow a minimum of 7 business days for a response before sending any follow up emails. Sending multiple emails for the same issue places an unnecessary strain on our office resources, and does not guarantee a faster response time. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
After-hours clinic services remain available for urgent medical issues only. Hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 5-8 PM, and Friday 5-8 PM or Saturday mornings. Please call (416)299- 6684 to book a same day appointment with a physician.
As many of you will be returning to work, school or daycare in the coming weeks, we encourage you to access the pandemic resources on our website under the “HOME” and “IN THE NEWS” tabs for information on testing, mental health support, going out safely and public health guidelines.
As always, we wish you and your loved ones good health.
-Downtown Toronto Doctors